locked database

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Wed Nov 14 15:55:39 EST 2007

On Wednesday 14 Nov 2007, John Drake wrote:
> I should have both budget and budget report (i.e. I created a budget) --
> but maybe it got moved or something so I need to start over. So then how
> can I "close" the budget report without using the application? Much thanks
>
> John

Hi,

I'd suggest one of two things - try to roll back to a backup file (in the same
directory as your main data file, with a timestamp on the end of the
filename)

Have a look in ~/.gnucash/books - there will be a file in there which
describes the open reports etc.  The filename should match the datafile path
& name (more or less, the / may get encoded to a %2F), move it out of the way
and try opening as usual.

HTH,
Maf.