Mysterious Window

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Fri Nov 16 04:38:56 EST 2007

On Friday 16 Nov 2007, Josh Sled wrote:
> "Maf. King" <maf at chilwell.net> writes:
> > Sorry for dragging up the old thread, but I thought that the context
> > might be useful.
>
> Not at all, context and info is always good!  Sorry for taking so long to
> reply.
>
> > Attached are two screenshots, one of the last run dialog which just came
> > up when I started GC today, and one of the options dialog.
> >
> > By what you said before, I should have got a dialog informing me that the
> > SX had created one txn, rather than the full-on since last run?
> >
> > If this is indeed not the behaviour you expect, I'll drag it over to
> > bugzilla.
>
> At first blush, yes ... but the "and notify me" option is checked, which
> means the SLR dialog is appropriate...
>
> Unfortunately, the semantics of "notification" here don't match the meaning
> of the word.  In the example here, obviously, with "notification" enabled
> you get the SLR dialog (as per screenshot 2).  If notification was not
> checked, you would (should, at least! :) get the "Auto-created 1
> transaction" dialog. In both cases the user is "notified", but the degree
> of that notification is different.
>
> So, a bug should be filed, but maybe not the same one we were working
> toward.

Hi Josh,

Ok, I changed the notify settings, and tweaked the "create in advance"
setting, and I do indeed see the "Auto Created" dialog  for the SX that was
due on monday  :-)

I figure that this bug is a question of picking a better word than "notify"
for the string - at last, a patch I _could_ do!
Except, at the moment, I can't think of anything better to explain it...
I'll mull it over and sort a bug out.

Cheers,
Maf.