Printing backward

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Nov 21 08:25:19 EST 2007

Quoting Mike <gnucash07299 at tuffmail.us>:

> Like I said...
>
> "FWIW, I am running GnuCash 2.2.1 on XP/SP2, and all my reports print
> backwards and upside-down... I *must* use Report > Export to .html"
>
> UPDATE, also "Create a PDF document" works correctly.

Okay, this is good news..  This implies that it is NOT GnuCash
per se that's the problem.  (Although it doesn't rule out a problem
in GnomePrint or GtkPrint)...

> On Tue, November 20, 2007 12:13 pm, Fred Bone wrote:
>> I suspect that the problem lies in how the fonts are transmitted to the
>> printer, but it will take me some time to work through testing this
>> suspicion. Either way, though, I don't think it's a GNucash problem -
>> unless Gnucash it supplying its own printing subsystem.
>
> I my humble opinion, it *is* a GnuCash problem (at least some
> sub-component package).

I would argue that it's not GnuCash per se, but as I mentioned above
it COULD be an issue with GnomePrint or GtkPrint.  It might be interesting
to see what happens from another Gtk based application.  For example,
I'd be interested to know if Gnumeric also prints weirdly for you?