svn trunk compile error & invoice issue

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Sun Nov 25 08:59:59 EST 2007

Hi,

Quoting "Boyd Kelly (Coast Systems)" <bkelly at coastsystems.net>:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to compile the gnucash svn trunk, and get the same error on
> either my fc8 or gentoo boxes.
>
> O2 -Wall -Wunused -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations
> -Wno-unused -MT gnc-plugin-page.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/gnc-plugin-page.Tpo
> -c gnc-plugin-page.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/gnc-plugin-page.o
> cc1: warnings being treated as errors
> gnc-plugin-page.c: In function 'gnc_plugin_page_recreate_page':
> gnc-plugin-page.c:249: warning: format '%ld' expects type 'long int',
> but argument 6 has type 'GType'
> make[5]: *** [gnc-plugin-page.lo] Error 1

The problem here is that we're trying to print an error message
with the GType, but GType isn't an 'int' anymore.  I don't know
what the right solution is long term, but short-term you can just
cast 'type' to a (long int) in the LEAVE statement.

> Actually I am hoping to be able to print an invoice with  two levels of
> tax detailed before the invoice total.  This used to work, but for some
> time appears to be broken.  Bug 449024 is still unconfimred, but maybe
> it will work in svn????  I don't print a ton of invoices, but since a
> while, I can no longer use gnucash to invoice, as Canadian law requires
> both GST and PST taxes to be detailed before the invoice total.  So I'm
> just keeping the books, and creating invoices with gnumeric...
>
> Any help *much* appreciated.

I don't know if this bug was ever fixed.  It requires a test platform
with a multiple-entry tax table (which I don't happen to have in my
test data file, but perhaps I should create one).  IIRC the problem
is somewhat related to the swigification; I dont know if it's been
corrected.