help with gconf and default file location

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Tue Nov 27 09:48:12 EST 2007

Walter Sams <walter at samsco.biz> writes:
> I just upgraded from Mandriva 2007 to Mandriva 2008
> I had GNUCash working great , but, after the upgrade, I get the error
> "the configuratin data used to specify default values cannot be found
> at default system locations"
>
> running the wizzard that is supposed to fix this didnt work.
>
> I understand that I must add some file locations to the path of the gconf.path
>
> Can someone help with this operation?

You should file a bug with your distro's packager; Doing gconf schema
installation during package installation should be a well-solved step for
gconf-using packages.

In the mean time, assuming that /etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults/apps/gnucash/
exists, make sure you ~/.gconf.path looks something like:

    xml:readwrite:$(HOME)/.gconf
    xml:readonly:/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults

And run `gconftool-2 --shutdown` to restart the daemon.

--
...jsled
http://asynchronous.org/ - a=jsled; b=asynchronous.org; echo ${a}@${b}