QIF Import: transaction matching bug?

Charles Day cedayiv at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 22:07:31 EST 2007

I'm seeing a problem importing this small QIF file (attached). To summarize:
1. From a savings account, withdraw $300 cash and pay a $1.50 ATM fee (a
split transaction)
2. From a checking account, on the same day, withdraw $300 cash
3. After import, gnucash shows two $300 withdrawals from the savings
account, and none from the checking.

Note: if I reverse the order of the last two transactions in the file, the
import works correctly.

This seems to be different from bug 114724, though the same fix could
possibly resolve both.

Has anyone seen this before? Should I file a bug report?

Cheers,
Charles