Feature request: process multiple invoice with single payment

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Fri Nov 30 09:15:24 EST 2007

Hi Terri,

There is a work around to do exactly what you want to do.  It is somewhat
tedious, but does work.

What you have to do is create an intermediate account, something like
Assets:AgencyCheck

When you get a check from the agency, for an arbitrary selection of invoices,
you enter that between your "usual" account, presumably checking and the
Assets:AgencyCheck account (which I think may go negative here - not got GC
open to check atm).

You then go through the invoices outstanding, and process each one that has
been paid individually, the payment account becomes Assets:AgencyCheck.
It _is_ extra work to do, but it does work to keep track of things, and
your "invoices due" reports keep everything in step.

HTH,
Maf.

On Friday 30 Nov 2007, Derek Atkins wrote:
> * forwarded to the list *
>
> I'm afraid that I just don't see this feature ever happening unless

<SNIP LOTS>