find invoice

Andrew Sackville-West ajswest at mindspring.com
Fri Nov 30 13:20:59 EST 2007

On Fri, Nov 30, 2007 at 11:22:45AM -0500, Geoffrey wrote:
> Heather Daley wrote:

> >> I've seen it. I'm not at my desk to reporduce it at the moment, but
> >> essentially *none* of the find dialogs appear ATM except one (I think
> >> its 'select' customer/vendor) and that one requires you cilck on it
> >> twice to make it stick around.
> >>
> >> There are work-arounds by clicking links through the Aging reports.
> >
> > It happens to me all the time.  Any find... from the menus pops up a
> > window that disappears immediately.  In the report options and other
> > dialogues, if there's a find... you can get to by way of a click, the fist
> > popup disappears, but the second click brings a window that stays.  So
> > far, I've done what I need by way of workarounds, but it's definitely a
> > bug that needs to be fixed (somewhere.)
>
> Different from my problem, I never see a window come up at all.  I
> thought it was because of the window manager I was using, but now I'm
> beginning to think otherwise..

the behavior she's describing is very fleeting. Just the barest flash
of a window being drawn and then destroyed. If your system is pretty
fast, you might not see it at all. My tiled WM (xmonad) doesn't even
have time to draw more than the frames before its gone. None of the
window contents get drawn.

I have a handful of WM's installed. I'll try them all and see what I
get.

meanwhile, Heather and Geoffrey, what WM's are you using?