Windows nightly build: Would you use it?

Nathan Buchanan nbinont at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 23:25:47 EDT 2007

Hello All!

I've been considering providing nightly development builds of gnucash for
Windows, but there's been some debate among the developers as to whether the
builds would be used. So, I'm writing to ask the Windows user/dev community
if they think they would use it.

And example of the builds is here: http://cyberbird.yi.org/gnucash/

What it is:
-The latest development version of gnucash taken straight from the source
repository.
-Includes features under development
-Includes any unreleased bugfixes
-It will probably include some new bugs as well.

Who would use it:
-Those who would like to be on the leading edge of development and don't
mind the occasional crash
-Those who would like to help gnucash by locating/troubleshooting/fixing
bugs and verifying bugfixes.

So with that, the poll opens: would you foresee using a nightly build of
gnucash for Windows? Should we be providing them?

Input from all is welcome.

Nathan