Report Crashes

linux at gypsyfarm.com linux at gypsyfarm.com
Fri Oct 5 00:39:44 EDT 2007

I started using gnucash a short time ago. Kind of hacking my way
forward
slowly. I'm running it on a ubuntu linux system and I'm running
gnucash
version 1.8.12

Everything was wonderful till one day when I believe I clicked save
on
my favorite report: the expense pie chart report and at that point
the
pie chart was missing from my report menu.

Define problem.
Expense Pie chart is missing from report menu, new report shows up in
custom menu. If I click on custom reports, gnucash dies a quick
death.

What I did so far:
Well of course I googled and found a report of a problem with custom
reports causing a stack overflow and crashing. I was not sure how to
determine if a stack overflow was the cause of the problem but it
sounded like a real possibility because it occurred when the person
had
saved a custom report and it some how ends up with the same name as
the
the standard report.

It claimed that I should

* exit gnucash
* delete the file ~/.gnucash/saved-reports-1.8
* restart gnucash

Well after much searching I can not find any such file as
saved_reports-1.8*

I did a a partial file name search of course even getting down to
looking for any file with the word "reports" in it.

I ended up hitting save report two more time and thus have two more
reports showing up in my custom menu. I then tried to search by
modified
date and again I could not find anything that was modified at that
point
that would change the report menu.

I tried doing an apt-get --reinstall thing with gnucash but no luck.

I'd sure like to get the old expense pie chart back and not loose my
data in the process.

Does anyone have any ideas to help, I'd be much appreciative.

Pat
www.gypsyfarm.com