handling of "joint" expenses

Don Coleman don at coleman.org
Fri Oct 5 11:46:41 EDT 2007

Well... that's just a tuning question... we keep about two months worth
of expenses  in the joint account, and check it at least once a month,
when we transfer in equal amounts from private accounts to "re-charge" it.

We also have automatic email notifications setup if the account gets
low, and an overdraft system -- which we have never needed.

It's actually a bit more difficult, in that we have two joint accounts
... one in dollars (my income is in the states), one in euros (we live
in Barcelona, and his income is from here), and my contributions are
always in dollars, and his is in euros -- and we use our USA based joint
account ATM/credit cards for cash withdrawals and purchases (incurring a
1% currency conversion fee) so I don't have to wire chucks of money
(though now I wish I *had* wired a years worth LAST year).

Right now the exchange rate is KILLING me.

oh well,  thanks, and cheers!
Don