Stock match in 401k

David Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 7 13:24:34 EDT 2007

On 7 Oct 2007, at 11:52:46 AM, David Anderson wrote:

> My employer just started matching the first 3% of our contributions
> with
> company stock.  How do I enter this into GNUCash?  Where is that match
> coming from?
>
> Thanks.

I record mine as Income:Employer Retirement Match.

Then you'll need to exclude that account from most income reports if
you want the typical "this year's income" snapshot.

However you deal with it, the match is essentially deferred income
(or potential deferred income if there's a chance you'll lose the
match by leaving their employment too soon).

--
David Reiser
dbreiser at earthlink.net