crash on duplicate record

Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz gnucash at numerixtechnology.de
Mon Oct 8 09:42:57 EDT 2007

On Sat, 6 Oct 2007 15:27:54 +0100
Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz <gnucash at numerixtechnology.de> wrote:

> On Sat, 06 Oct 2007 09:32:41 -0400
> Josh Sled <jsled at asynchronous.org> wrote:
>
> > Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz <gnucash at numerixtechnology.de> writes:
> > > I noticed that this version crashes quite frequently when
> > > duplicating a record. I can't reproduce it but it has happened a
> > > few times. Is this a known problem?
> >
> > I wonder if using auto-complete to duplicate a) is a reasonable
> > workaround; b) crashes as well.

a) I revise my previous answer: no. I use duplicate all the time,
sometimes just to change the order of same day transactions.

I had another crash this morning and to recover you have to import
the log. Not only is this a nuisance but also I am concerned everytime
whether my data are complete.

In to-day's session I had created a new account. The log replay did not
recreate this account and so all transactions against this account went
into Orphan.

What do I need to do to provide you with debug info?

Kind regards,
Tarlika