HUGE problems with gnucash and Ubuntu 7.10, just released

Elizabeth Dodd edodd at billiau.net
Sun Oct 21 16:57:56 EDT 2007

On Mon, 22 Oct 2007, Fredrik Persson wrote:
> If the devs don't use Ubuntu, then incidents related to usage on Ubuntu is
> even more important to bring to their attention. It would be a shame if the
> best open source accounting software doesn't run on one of the most widely
> used distros.
>
> /Fredrik

As an "insider" on another Debian based distro, I know that Ubuntu recompiles
libraries for each release, starting from scratch as it were, and as a result
some of Ubuntu should be described as "experimental" rather than "testing".

Ubuntu packages can't be used freely across other Debian distros because base
libraries differ.

It isn't appropriate to point the finger at Gnucash developers. Speak loudly
to Ubuntu.

Liz

--
"OK, now let's look at four dimensions on the blackboard."
		-- Dr. Joy