Report with configurable selection of accounts involved in transactions

Olof Hjalmarsson olof.hjalmarsson at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 04:25:48 EDT 2007

I'm in the process of evaluating software to track my familys money, and
right now I feel that GnuCash and Buddi both have most of what I need.
Unfortunately they both seems to miss one very important feature for me (at
least I can't get find a way to do what I want).
Since my girlfriend and I have a "mixed" economy, where we share the
expenses for food and things regarding the car and house, we don't share the
expenses for some private things like my DVD:s or my computer "toys" or her
fashion magazines.
Therefore I would like to be able to get a report that would show which of
our private asset/bank accounts that pays for just a selection of the
expense accounts (i.e the ones we share, and leaving out our private expese
accounts).

Is it possible to get a report to show some sort of diagram or summed up
list of transactions that involves a selection of expense accounts and a
selection of bank/asset accounts. The selection of accounts has to be
configurable, as well as the date interval.

Is this possible? Do I have to dig into custom report creation using Scheme
to acheive this?

/Olof