Report with configurable selection of accounts involved in transactions

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Oct 29 09:17:59 EDT 2007

I'm afraid that GnuCash doesn't really do what you're looking for.
You could try to run a Transaction report, where in the Accounts tab
of the options you set the Report Accounts to the list of Assets and
Liabilities that you care about, and the Filter Accounts you list the
set of Income and Expenses that you care about...

Your other option is to change the way you configure your accounts
and transactions to make it fit the gnucash modeling easier.  But
I don't know the best way of doing that; gnucash isn't really
designed to handle your situation; it's designed to do a single
set of books at a time.

Can Quicken handle your problem?

-derek