Assign Starting Invoice Number

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Oct 29 10:07:36 EDT 2007

Fourbit <nichols at midrivers.com> writes:

> How do I "Assign Starting Invoice Number" .
>
> The docs state "You have to hand edit your XML data file. The relevant entry
> is in the "counters" section near the beginning of the file. The file must
> be re-opened after editing."
>
> Where would that be?

First, the counter is only created after you create your first invoice.
Second, the data file would be wherever you told gnucash to save it.
You can find the name of the data file in the title bar, or in the
File menu in the "recent history" section.

The file may be compressed; you'll have to uncompress it before you
can edit it.