Dealing with the arcane UK clearing system

Alexander Titov alex.titov at snarky.eu
Tue Oct 30 12:46:41 EDT 2007

gnu cash is intended to record your company's operations rather then
your bank's operations. So record the transfer transaction with the date
your company decided to do it. You can ask your bank for moving money a
few days later. When the money is transferred by bank and you see them
at statement - check the cleared flag on the transaction.