Dealing with the arcane UK clearing system

Andrew Sackville-West ajswest at mindspring.com
Tue Oct 30 14:34:00 EDT 2007

On Tue, Oct 30, 2007 at 06:09:26PM +0000, Edward Grace wrote:

your solution looks nice a clear.

> By parking the money in 'Clearing:<blah>' I'm also curious to see how
> much "The Man" makes from me in limbo interest...  ;-)

heh. you'd be surprised. especially when you extrapolate it to the
population at large. I once calculated what my credit card processor
made on the float from the time it takes the money from the customers
card and gives it to me. I usually see about 3 days of float. Just my
little retail store generates something like $600 US in interest
per year from the float alone. Imagine all those floats across the
country every year. Its no small amount of money.