gnucash-user Digest, Vol 55, Issue 36

Ronnie Shoemaker ron at hosscomputers.net
Tue Oct 30 23:25:12 EDT 2007

Is the discrepancy fixed in both date and amount, or does it change if
you temporarily insert some additional transactions? I note that it's
currently 5573.43 and somewhere between 19 and 21 Oct (inclusive).

If it's fixed, then I'd suspect an invisible transaction. Have you
checked the "filter by status" list?

Thanks Fred,

There seems to be a constant difference there.  For example, if I delete the
tx where the change occurs, the next one will be off by that same amount.
I looked at  the filter by status and all boxes are checked.    I'm
considering just saving off this file, which I imported from a Quicken
export, and starting with a clean, new file.   Would be nice to know how to
fix and avoid having the same problem again tho.