Charts won't display correctly

Daniel Smith dlsmith at rice.edu
Thu Sep 6 23:05:34 EDT 2007

I'm having trouble with charts in reports, such as "Expense
Barchart".  When displayed, they are jumbled and unreadable.  They
look like they were "printed" by a printer that is almost out of
ink.  Text and lines, if they show up at all, appear as bits of
magenta and cyan that aren't quite on top of each other; solid fills
are pale or white.  It's very strange, and not something I've ever
seen before.

Apparently something about my configuration is messed up.  I seem to
recall generating "Expenses vs. Day of Week" weeks ago and getting
the expected, readable output, so something is different now
(although that may just be the GNUCash version...)

Is this something others have seen or know how to fix?

GNUCash 2.1.5 (also observed in a custom 2.2.0 build)
Mac OS X 10.4.10
Installed via MacPorts

—Dan