Help with setting up for the first time

Ryan G. Tumbagahan rtumbagahan at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 10:02:33 EDT 2007

Hi all, I'd like to ask for help in creating opening balances for my
accounts. I may have been confused by the volume of help in the
documentation.

When I create an asset account and set its opening balance, do I create
the transaction in the asset and put "equity:opening balances" in the
Transfer column, or do I start with the Equity:Opening Balances account
and transfer to the asset account?

I may have made a mistake doing the first approach mentioned above
because now my asset accounts have positive values and so does the
equity account. Can anyone help please?
--
Ryan