Charts won't display correctly

Guillaume Lessard glessard at tffenterprises.com
Fri Sep 7 14:57:15 EDT 2007

--On September 6, 2007 22:05:34 -0500 Daniel Smith <dlsmith at rice.edu> wrote:

> I'm having trouble with charts in reports, such as "Expense
> Barchart".  When displayed, they are jumbled and unreadable.  They
> look like they were "printed" by a printer that is almost out of
> ink.

I reported this as a bug against the MacPorts port of GnuCash 2.2.0.
<http://trac.macports.org/projects/macports/ticket/12330>

This happened in a ports tree that was built from scratch, and I couldn't
figure what port must be wrong...

Note that this display problem does not happen in the Fink port of Gnucash
2.2.0 so, provided you have the patience, you can build and use that
version for the time being. Or stick to 2.0.5, which is what I did.

--On September 7, 2007 9:37:41 -0400 Josh Sled <jsled at asynchronous.org>
wrote:

> What version of goffice do you have installed?  Has it changed recently?

goffice 0.3.8
That was upgraded from 0.3.5 in April.
It was upgraded from 0.2.1 in February.

Note that I have a build of GnuCash 2.0.5 (also from a brand new tree) that
dates from after the goffice port's upgrade to 0.3.5, and it does not
exhibit the abnormal graphs and charts. But that tree does not have goffice
installed! What draws the graphs?

--
Guillaume Lessard
glessard at tffenterprises.com