GNUCASH - Loading Pre-downloaded Transactions

Singh, John John.Singh at anz.com
Sun Sep 9 21:27:43 EDT 2007

Hello

I have just installed the GNUCASH on Windows XP & I have been able to set/create my Chart of Accounts.

I can 'import' a QIF format file into my accounts & this is only for one time event (this was for July 07 transactions)..

I now find that I cannot load my new transactions into GNUCASH downloaded from my Bank accounts for the month of Aug 07.

The Banks here in Australia only offers us to download transactions in various formats, including QIF & XLS.

How can I now 'load' these transactions, which I unload as QIF format, every month.   I have a few hundred transaction spread over Savings, Check (cheque) and Credit Accounts,

The option to import as QIF for the initial setup was quite easy & perhaps that should be allowed to keep adding new transactions downloaded on a regular basis, or is there another way.

Hence not able to load such transaction files has made GNUCASH limited in its ability!

Regards,
John Singh
Phone: +61 3 9658 1280 Email:  john.singh at anz.com <mailto:john.singh at anz.com>

"This e-mail and any attachments to it (the "Communication") is, unless otherwise stated, confidential,  may contain copyright material and is for the use only of the intended recipient. If you receive the Communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, delete the Communication and the return e-mail, and do not read, copy, retransmit or otherwise deal with it. Any views expressed in the Communication are those of the individual sender only, unless expressly stated to be those of Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Limited ABN 11 005 357 522, or any of its related entities including ANZ National Bank Limited (together "ANZ"). ANZ does not accept liability in connection with the integrity of or errors in the Communication, computer virus, data corruption, interference or delay arising from or in respect of the Communication."