Reconciliation

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Sep 10 16:28:56 EDT 2007

lingwitt at bellsouth.net writes:

> Hello,
>
> What is the best way to reconcile my accounts out of order?
>
> I have newer bank statements, so I can use them now to reconcile,
> but I'll have to get older ones another time.
>
> It seems like reconciliation out of order messes with the
> Reconcilliation
> window's number fields in annoying ways. I'll have to end up doing
> arithmetic on my own in order to match the fields correctly, because
> the Reconciled Balance is accumulative.

You can't.  Reconciliation is always "from the beginning to
<reconcile date>", which means you can't do what you want.  This
is always why it's suggested that you start from scratch instead
of importing years of history..   Or if you DO import years of history
just mark everything that WAS reconciled as reconciled all at once.