On win32: 30gb of "MsgWaitForMultipleObjects() failed: The handle is invalid"

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Tue Sep 11 00:01:23 EDT 2007

Charles Duffy <cduffy at spamcop.net> writes:
> Gnucash 2.2.1 (r16462) has been working well on win32 for me for a
> significant while -- and then the trace file from a session I left open
> overnight ate the 30GB of free space left on my hard drive.
>
> *   WARN <qof.engine> [guid_init()] only got 2129 bytes.
> The identifiers might not be very random.
> *   CRIT <gnc.app-util> gnc_detach_process: assertion `proc &&
> proc->pid' failed
> *   WARN <GLib> gmain.c:436: MsgWaitForMultipleObjects() failed: The
> handle is invalid.
[...]
> ....followed by very, very, very much of the same.
>
> This issue is not, unfortunately, reliably reproducible.

Obviously, this should be pushed upstream to glib...

And it's better to solve the problem than suppress it...

But...

If – in the equivalent of <file:~/.gnucash/log.conf> – you put:

    [levels]
    GLib=error

The messages should be filtered, which will at least avoid the disk-consuming
log file issue. :/

--
...jsled
http://asynchronous.org/ - a=jsled; b=asynchronous.org; echo ${a}@${b}