Gnucash 2.2.1 won't print

Marc André Selig mas at macports.org
Thu Sep 13 17:44:29 EDT 2007

On 9/13/07, Gilles Gariepy <gariepy.g at videotron.ca> wrote:
> I did the selfupdate, uninstalled gnucash and then tried to re-install it.
> This is the error message(s) I get:
>
> --->  Configuring avahi
[...]
> checking for python module gtk... no
> configure: error: Could not find Python module gtk
[...]
> I wish I understood this more. Seems to be a problem with avahi. Any ideas?

You are perfectly right: It is a problem with avahi, which cannot find
the gtk module for python.

Up until yesterday, avahi tried to install the port "py25-gtk2" to get
this module.  Unfortunately, that port is really called "py25-gtk".  I
fixed this yesterday by changing the Portfile for avahi, but the
change does not seem to have propagated to your system.  You can
verify this by typing "port deps avahi", which will probably still
list py25-gtk2.

You could try the following to get on with it without having to wait
for some MacPorts server to pick up the news:

sudo port install py25-gtk
sudo port clean avahi
sudo port install gnucash

I.e. install the missing python bindings manually, then clean out
avahi and try again.

Regards,
Marc