register sort - balance incorrect

houndhne hh6199 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 16 15:05:53 EDT 2007

I am trying to make the switch from Windows to Linux and thus from Quickbooks
to GnuCash. After entering several items in the register of a bank account I
tried to sort the register a different way. My register was sorted by the, I
guess, default way 'Standard Order'. I wanted to sort by Date Entered. When
I did the ending balance was different. I was thinking that the balance
should be same no matter how the entries were sorted. Has anyone else had or
noticed this happening?