register sort - balance incorrect

Manfred Usselmann usselmann.m at icg-online.de
Mon Sep 17 05:44:53 EDT 2007

Why should 'Date Entered' be relevant for the balance? You could enter
the transactions in any arbitrary order.

The balance is always correct. It doesn't change if you change the sort
order, because it depends on the date of the transaction. With a
different sort order it may be that the ending balance is not on the
last line because the item with the latest date is displayed somewhere
in between. An account can have only one ending balance and only one
valid balance at a certain point in time and not different balances for
every possible sort order.

See also the answer from Beth, I think his example explains it quite
well.

Manfred