Wow, gnucash has come a long way

Toan T Nguyen nguyenthetoan at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 20:13:56 EDT 2007

Hi,

I tried gnucash 2.2.1 and was impressed how far it has come (my last
try was with 1.6 version). So far what I saw:

- Quicken conversion is much much better. Of course, I still need a
lot of manual work, but at least I was able to make a complete
conversion (I couldn't do that with 1.6, there were so many
transactions missing, and the balances were out of wack). This
includes all the retirement, banking, credit cards, brokerage, loans,
flexible spending accounts. Very impressive.
- Online transaction download from within the register !
- Cleaner interface.
- Some weird bugs with negative/positive amounts in expense accounts
(I make a report on net worth, and the asset column is zero :).

Wish list
- Interactive report. In Quicken, you can click on a report to get
more information about a particular category.

Anyway, keep up the excellent work! I'm donating $50 for the cause :)

Toan