Export to Excel

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Tue Apr 1 12:24:16 EDT 2008

On Tuesday 01 Apr 2008, Brian Kaney wrote:

> Here's another quick thing to try...  Excel (and OO) can also read in
> simple HTML, including tables.  So you may want to try to open the HTML
> report right into Excel or OO (make sure to specify the file type as
> HTML when opening).  Then save as xls.

Hi,

Just a point to note with these methods of converting GC reports to
spreadsheets - your spreadsheet  only imports raw numbers, not formulae.

What I mean is that accounts don't get totalled up "on the fly" in the
spreadsheet - if your accountant needs to massage a particular expense
account, then the changes won't get reflected (automatically, at least) in
the Total Expenses number.

I don't have any better suggestions, Report->HTML->OOo->save as xls is how
I've sent data to the accountant for the last 5 years or so!

Cheers,
Maf.