Vanishing transactions and log file [copy edit]

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Apr 3 12:19:45 EDT 2008

Ross Boylan <RossBoylan at stanfordalumni.org> writes:

> Let's try that last paragraph again:
> That sounds a lot like a solution I was thinking of: in the basic or
> non-focal auto-split mode, if there are multiple splits in the register
> account, display them on separate lines in a way that groups them
> together visually, e.g., leaves the date column blank as it is in the
> auto-split pictures attached.  I guess the comment (transaction note)
> would still need to go on a separate line.

I would change this to read:

In the (yet to be created) extended-basic mode, if you have a standard
(2-split) transaction then it displays in standard basic mode, but if
you have a multi-split transaction (any transaction with > 2 splits)
it should display it in an extended (transaction-journal) mode.  Note
that this is irrespective of the "double line mode" where you see
the transaction notes field.