Problem going from 2.2.0

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Apr 4 14:59:38 EDT 2008

Hi,

"Scott Castaline" <skotchman at gmail.com> writes:

> I had been running Gnucash 2.2.0 on Fedora 7, I have just installed Fedora
> 8 and Gnucash 2.2.4. My checking account now shows a negative balance of
> $12,871.25. I can't seem to see what's missing. It seems to go back to 2005.
> When I run Gnucash 2.2.0 on my old system (Dual-Booting right now)
> everything is correct. What changed between 2.2.0 & 2.2.4?

You can look at Trac <http://svn.gnucash.org/trac/> to see the
history of all the changes made to the 2.2 branch since 2.2.0
was released.  Actually, that's not completely true because
we didn't actually create the 2.2 branch until around 2.2.1.

But I can't imagine anything that could cause this unless you
have some garbage in your datafile that 2.2.0 ignored but 2.2.4
doesn't (or vise-versa).  You might want to look for some errant
transactions in your data file.

As what point does the balance start being off?
Did your locale change?  Maybe your data file is in a
different currency and GnuCash is performing a translation for you?

Good Luck,