How to add personal money to small business

Myrion myrion at cerephax.com
Fri Apr 4 16:30:02 EDT 2008

Hello,

I can't seem to find an answer to this seemingly easy question:

I am using GnuCash (2.2.3) to keep records for my small business. However,
as with many new small businesses, the income I generate isn't enough to
cover the expenses. Therefore I must put in some money I generate from my
normal day job (which is a bi-weekly paycheck that has been taxed).

So I guess my question is:  Since my day job income isn't part of my small
business income, where do I place it in GnuCash so that it is just there to
cover expenses that I have to pay? I deposit cash into my Business Checking
account so that I can cover the expenses of the business. Remember, this
isn't actually income from the business though, and it has already been
taxed through my employer.

Whenever I try to just make a deposit into the Business Account in GnuCash,
it wants to know from which account I'm drawing these funds. But since it
isn't an account, it's simply outside cash being deposited, this is where I
get confused.

Any help would be most appreciated!

Thanks!