Major Display problems

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 11:11:37 EDT 2008

On 4/4/08, Keith Clark <keithclark1966 at rogers.com> wrote:
> Ok, it seems to run perfectly under Ubuntu 8.04 beta.....I wonder where exactly the problem lies with 7.10.  No other program I've tried exhibits this same strange behaviour.
>

>  Keith

I use Ubuntu 7.10 and have not seen this, HOWEVER I run it on ancient
hardware without any effects. I also usually run gnucash from a
separate system via ssh -X (poor man's multiple monitors).

I do use the nvidia restricted driver because its screen refreshes are
noticeably smoother. If you are running a restricted video driver (OR
if one is available and you aren't) it might be worth experimenting to
see if changing it affects what you see. (If the problem is in the
restricted driver in 7.10, for instance, you may again see the problem
once you actually upgrade to 8.04).