opening files with different versions

Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz gnucash at numerixtechnology.de
Tue Apr 8 15:30:04 EDT 2008

On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 17:12:48 -0400
"Nathan Buchanan" <nbinont at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 4:26 PM, Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz <
> gnucash at numerixtechnology.de> wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 16:01:37 -0400
> > Josh Sled <jsled at asynchronous.org> wrote:

> > > If you're using scheduled transactions, no; the file format
> > > changed incompatibly between 2.0 and 2.2.
> >

> > Many thanks for the quick response.
> >
> > Is there a 2.0.x executable for Windows?
> >

> No there is not, 2.2.x was the first release to support Windows.
> Maybe your could upgrade your 2.0.5 to the 2.2.x series?

Not with any ease. I am running Debian Etch. I would have to upgrade to
testing (and as I am on dial-up :-( I'd have to get it on DVD).

As an alternative, I am looking at creating a live Linux CD that I
could take with me rather than using Winblows.

Tarlika

--

Best Regards,

Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz