Problem installing on MacOSX (Lepoard)

David Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 12 21:50:24 EDT 2008

On Apr 12, 2008, at 9:04 AM, Melinda Savoy wrote:
[snip]
> i686-apple-darwin9-gcc-4.0.1: /usr/X11/lib/libXrandr.2.0.0.dylib: No
> such file or directory
[snip]

This is a bug in Apple's X11 implementation. They're moving to xorg's
X11, but they screwed up for machines that have never had 10.5 earlier
than 10.5.2.

One of fink's x11 experts says that the command:

sudo perl -pi.bak -e 's|2.0.0|2.1.0|' /usr/X11/lib/libXrandr.la

from a terminal window should fix it. (Only have to do this once,
unless Apple breaks it again with 10.5.3.)

Also, it looks to me like Macports has fixed the guile/slib issues
with their gnucash portfile. So, since you already have the macports
infrastructure in place, I'd recommend you try the X11 patch, and then
reissue the macports install command for gnucash.

If you do choose to try fink's gnucash package, it's package name is
gnucash2. But one still launches it with just 'gnucash' in a terminal
window.

Fink's gnucash2-docs package (the help files) does not work at the
moment because of a gnome version mismatch problem with yelp (gnome's
help system).

Dave
--
David Reiser