Accessing fund information online: problem 2/3

Claus A. Schumann claus at vcp-wuppertal.de
Mon Apr 14 03:57:33 EDT 2008

Hello!

I've run into problems when setting up GnuCash and cannot solve them
myself. I have already tried searching on my own and posting on the
german users mailing list but without much success. The questions are in
regard of a WindowsXP/2.2.4 System and I'll try to separate them so that
each gets its own post.

The general idea is to have subaccounts for some DEKA funds and - if all
goes well - to have both the price and the shares updated online.

So far I've managed to set up appropriate accounts, install perl and
have a regular share (AMZN and IBM) update automatically. This second
post is about accessing the funds online

Installation went by the book and checking with amazon or ibm shares, I
am able to update without any problems. As soon as I get to funds,
things change. I set up:

full name: DekaFonds
symbol: 847450
typ: FUND
code: DEKA-CL
smallest unit: 1/10000

I've tried all pre-installed online sources for updates on the price,
but none works. As far as I can see, yahoo does not give fund
information and even the source saying "deka" is not providing prices.
The questions would be:

Is my set up of the fund wrong? I've played around with exchanging
symbol and code but am not totally sure what is supposed to go where.

Does setting it as FUND instead of SHARE have any impact on the ability
to update online?

I've found a news post from 2007 saying "deka" as data source changed
its structure and might no longer work. If thats the case, do you know
any source for prices for this fund which is sure to work? So that I
could limit the area in which I need to look for the problem.

Again, any help would be appreciated. Even if you could just tell me
where to look...

Best regards,
    Claus Schumann