Accessing account online: problem 1/3

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Apr 14 09:56:01 EDT 2008

Hi,

Quoting "Claus A. Schumann" <claus at vcp-wuppertal.de>:

[snip]
> When I try to set up a user in the user tab of aqbanking, I select
> pin/tan, enter
>
> bank identifier code
> https://hbci-pintan-rl.s-hbci.de/pintanservlet
>
> real name
> legitimation ID
> (No customer ID according my banks service)
> Comment
>
> and get the message, that a valid certificate is being offered to my
> computer. After accepting this certificate, I have a screen where I
> can only progress by pressing "get system ID". When I try to do so, I
> am prompted for my password. Immediatly thereafter, I receive
> "failed" as status for the system ID. After trying this a second and
> a third time I get "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library: Runtime
> error
> Program .../bin/qt3-wizard.exe has requested the runtime to terminate in
> an unusual way."
> A user on gnucash-de suggested that my pin/password was not
> compatible with gnucash. It is an old fashioned five digit pin from
> the start of my banks online service. I would be able to change it.
> Does anybody know which requirements a pin needs to fulfill in
> gnucash?
>
> Just to mention it: I also have the equipment to go by HBCI/Card
> instead of pin/tan. But with this option i did not get anywhere as
> far as establish contact with my banks server.
>

> Any help would be appreciated. Even if you could just tell me where
> to look. But my own imagination has reached its limits when coming up
> with english keywords for such a search.

You might have better luck asking THIS particular question on gnucash-de,
as HBCI is German-specific so only those germans on this list can help.
This will also help you with English Keywords as gnucash-de isn't in
English.

Another thing to keep in mind is that at this time AqBanking does NOT support
investment transactions.  So even if you do get connected to the bank
it's highly unlikely that you'll get your share count successfully updated.
I know Martin has been working on investment support for AQB, but at this
time there's none.

Hope this helps.