Blank Display when scrolling

Charles Day cedayiv at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 23:48:24 EDT 2008

On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 8:07 PM, Jason Ahrens <jason at cougarcorp.net> wrote:

> Charles Day said the following on 16/04/2008 10:54 AM:
> > Well, I think bug 507178 is probably a duplicate of bug 502649, which is
> > marked as "new". So there is a little movement at least. As a
> workaround,
> > have you tried changing fonts, as dicussed in bug 502649?
> >

> Interesting, yes. I just changed my font to a 10 pt (from 8) and the
> double line, blank scrolling, and phantom entries all seemed to go away.
>
> So, that's a work around. The downside is it affects all programs, not
> just GNUCash.

Yeah, it's a clumsy workaround. But at least we can confirm that all these
weird behaviors are related.

By the way, another workaround is to build GnuCash from source and run it
from an MSYS shell, rather than install it from a .exe, but that's much
harder than switching your font or simply ignoring the problem.

-Charles