Balance sheet problem

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 18:28:16 EDT 2008

On 4/22/08, Derek Atkins <warlord at mit.edu> wrote:

>  > I don't recall this having been discussed previously. Is it something that has been corrected in the 2.2.4 release? [I didn't want to mess up my connection with the Ubuntu repository.]
>

> There's a backport of 2.2.4.  You SHOULD upgrade.

I just looked for gnucash 2.2.4 backported to Ubuntu 7.10 and I do not
see it there. If folks were waiting for me to put in the backport
request, I apologize. I just put in the request now. I am building the
backport now to expedite the request BUT I'm running into some snags
-- probably the servers are getting hit hard right now in anticipation
of the upcoming Ubuntu release!

SO you have two options (other than building or backporting your own):

A. Wait for the request to be approved -- watch the status of bug 221208
   https://bugs.launchpad.net/gutsy-backports/+bug/221208
   When/if it gets approved, activate Backports as described in
           https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuBackports

B. Upgrade to Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy, which contains Gnucash 2.2.4.
   This official Ubuntu release is imminent.

Despite the hassle (the servers may be very slow for the next week),
B. may be the better option because: 8.04 is an LTS (long term
support) release AND I don't know how long it might take to get a
backport into the repository at the moment.