report: aggregate interest per account

Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz gnucash at numerixtechnology.de
Sat Apr 26 02:57:21 EDT 2008

On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 14:21:02 +0100
"Maf. King" <maf at chilwell.net> wrote:

> On Friday 25 Apr 2008, you wrote:
> > On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 21:25:03 +0100
> >
> > "Maf. King" <maf at chilwell.net> wrote:
>

> > Transaction report on Income:Interest filtered by bank accounts
> > would produce just what I need, if it wasn't for the fact that I am
> > storing all interest credits as splits (gross = net+tax deducted),
> > rather than as two separate transactions (credit gross and debit
> > deduction).
> >
> > I might have to consider unsplitting 4 years' worth of transactions
> > to get this report ... I wish this could be done automagically.
>
> There is an option to expand the splits for the transaction report.

I checked every option on every tab - couldn't see anything (v.
2.0.5).

Also, the Notes field cannot be displayed. In many cases, I display
some crucial information in the Notes field without which a report is
meaningless to me.

When you create an Account Report from a search, ticking the
Description field will result in both Description and Notes to be
displayed, not so in the Transaction Report.

> > It does not seem possible to save a customized Transaction Report.
> > Is this correct?
>
> You have to change the name for any built-in report that you want to
> save, then the Add Report button should be clickable.

Brilliant!

I presume it will be affected by the "similarly named reports bug"
http://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2007-June/020606.html,
which I notice has not been resolved yet in newer versions either.

Best regards,
Tarlika