gnucash and gnome

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Mon Apr 28 03:18:31 EDT 2008

On Monday 28 Apr 2008, Steve Brenneis wrote:
> Folks,
>

> It is stated that plenty of KDE users use gnucash just fine. Well I guess
> that's true, except that they have to install gnome first. And this isn't
> just a little bit of gnome. The package list to install and use gnome as my
> desktop isn't much longer.

But isn't the same true if you want to use GIMP, or Firefox?  I'm sure you
need certain GTK libs for those apps.   (I'm one of those KDE users who runs
GC just fine)

>I would love to use
> gnucash and contribute to its success story. Until then, I guess it's
> Microsoft and Intuit for the time being. Bleh!

Riiight.... complain about having to install some packages from another
desktop environment to be installed (which my distro installs for me when I
ask for gnucash/firefox/GIMP/Gnumeric - as any non-geeky system should), and
solve the problem with a complete alternative OS, just for Intuit to use.

BTW, you could have Microsoft and Gnucash.  Yay!

All the Best,
Maf.