Seller paid closing costs into escrow

Anthony gnucash at inbox.org
Mon Apr 28 18:40:18 EDT 2008

Where are you putting the cost of the home, into an asset account?
Shouldn't the money paid by the seller and put into your escrow
account reduce the purchase price of the asset?  If I'm reading this
correctly I don't think the money should be put on your balance sheet
at all until the deal is closed, at which point it would reduce the
cost of the home.  But I could be misunderstanding you.