All transactions from QIF import listed as unspecified

Austin Roberts finance at ausiv.com
Sat Aug 9 11:16:16 EDT 2008

I recently upgraded from Gnucash 2.2.1 to 2.2.4 (as I upgraded from Ubuntu
Gutsy to Hardy), and discovered that when I import from a QIF all of my
transactions are added to the unspecified account, despite having associated
accounts with most of the payees. This means that every single transaction I
have needs to be hand sorted into the appropriate transactions, which will
be very time consuming.

I saw that this had been reported to the list back in March, so I decided to
upgrade to 2.2.6 to see if the problem was resolved, but it persists. I've
searched through the code a bit, hoping to fix the problem myself, but I've
had no luck.

Any help would be appreciated.

- Austin