QIF import-no memos.

Charles Day cedayiv at gmail.com
Sun Aug 17 11:53:11 EDT 2008

On Sat, Aug 16, 2008 at 7:46 PM, Mike Adolf <mlnx at mho.com> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I am trying to import QIF data, built from a JGnash .xml file, into
> Gnucash 2.2.6. So far everything seems to import as expected, except
> memos.  For example, my QIF file for checking, imports, but shows no
> memos in any register view. I thought I read somewhere that this was
> fixed in 2.2.5 (or 6).

There had been some trouble with using memos to control account mappings in
2.2.4, but the memos themselves imported correctly. If your QIF transactions
include both a payee ("P" line) and a memo ("M" line), then in GnuCash you'd
have to use double-line mode to see the memos.  View->Double Line.

Hope this helps. Otherwise, please reply with a sample QIF transaction that
reproduces the problem.

> Mike.

Cheers,
Charles