Due dates for payables

Mike Kraft m.kraft at telus.net
Sun Aug 17 15:19:52 EDT 2008

Hi,

We find the vendor/bill business tools cumbersome for certain types of
payables. In these cases, we would like to create the transactions
between the payable and expense accounts, and between the payable and
bank accounts, ourselves in the account registers. Unfortunately, the
'due date' field in the payable register does not appear to be editable
- for 'invoice' transactions, it defaults to the current date and I
cannot change it.

Is this intentional (i.e., am I expected to create a vendor and bills
whether I want to or not)? or a bug? or am I just doing something else
wrong?

I'm running 2.2.6 on OS X 10.4.11.

Thanks in advance,
Mike