Coop Finances

Ian Smith-Heisters i at idiosyncra.tc
Sun Aug 17 21:55:19 EDT 2008

That's pretty much what the business features would do too, AFAIK.

You would add a new customer for each tenant, then create an invoice
for each of them each month. Once the invoices post they would create
credits in Accounts Receivable. When payment is processed for the
customers/tenants, it would debit Accounts Receivable and credit an
income account.

The business features may add more complication than you really need,
particularly since the tenants don't really fit the customer model
very well: you're always invoicing them at the same time each month
for one item of the same price. I don't see that the invoicing
features would really get you much in this case.