GnuCash could not obtain the lock for /home/tim/GnuCash/timsaccount

timzak tzakharov at charter.net
Sun Aug 17 12:01:59 EDT 2008

I just received this message this morning when trying to open GnuCash.  It
says the "database may be in use by another user, in which case you should
not open the database.  What would you like to do?"

I have only one user on my computer:  me.  If I select "Open Anyway",
GnuCash acts as if it is loading, then shuts down.  I'm a little panicky
here, is there a way to get my GnuCash files back?

I am using Hardy Heron 8.4.1 Gnome, with the GnuCash version straight from
their repository:  2.2.4.