All transactions from QIF import listed as unspecified ... me too

David Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 20 02:28:34 EDT 2008

On Aug 20, 2008, at 1:46 AM, susie wrote:

>> If you have 2.2.6 (maybe even 2.2.5) then you can just select
>> multiple
>> rows and map them all at once. Does that help?
>
> yes that certainly would help .. I've just got to upgrade to 2.2.6
> so I
> can use that facility.
> My bank tells me that I can download OFC files .. that's microsoft
> isn't it?  Is there a way that they can be used .. I read somewhere
> today that they are quite similar to the OFX files
>
> susie

libofx will parse at least some OFC files. The only way to tell for
sure is to test a few.

If your bank allows either OFX or OFC, then it seems unlikely that
things like payee and memo will be appreciably different between the
two styles. But again, testing is the only way to find out for sure.

In order for libofx to be the utility handing data to gnucash's
transaction matcher, you have to be using File>Import>Import OFX/QFX...

I'm pretty sure aqbanking's OFXDirectConnect code does not parse OFC.
(But then again, I wouldn't expect the negotiation on the front-end to
work in that case either.)

Dave
--
David Reiser